2013 was an amazing year for film, if not for sheer consistency, for its variety. A year marked by films that dared to go beyond their genre restrictions and embrace adventurousness. A landmark year.
1. Leviathan. Directed by Verena Paravel, Lucien Castaing-Taylor.
2. Before Midnight. Directed by Richard Linklater
3. Springbreakers. Directed by Harmony Korine: Teens hate it.
4. The Act of Killing. Directed by Joshua Oppenheimer
5. Laurence Anyways. Directed by Xavier Dolan
6. Stranger by the Lake. Directed by Alain Guiraudie
7. The World’s End. Directed by Edgar Wright
8. Museum Hours. Directed by Jem Cohen
9. The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology. Directed by Sophie Fiennes
10. Bastards. Directed by Claire Denis
My favorite songs of 2013
1. Paramore - Still Into You
2. Kanye West - New Slaves
3. Arctic Monkeys - Do I wanna know?
4. Deafheaven - Vertigo
5. Violent Soho - Covered in Chrome
6. Katy B - 5 A.M.
7. Ciara - Body Talk
8. Lady Gaga - Do What u want (feat. R. Kelly)
9. Phoenix - Trying to be cool (R-Kelly remix)
10. Drake - Hold on We’re Going Home
11. SubRosa - The Usher/ Kacey Musgraves - Follow Your Arrow
12. Sleigh Bells - Bitter Rivals
13. Blood Orange - It is what it is
14. Domovoyd - Argenteum Astrum: the unofficial soundtrack to “Leviathan”
15. John Newman - Love Me Again
15. Toro Y Moi - High Living
16. Charlie XCX - You Ha Ha Ha
17. Wrekmeister Harmonies - You’ve Always Meant so much to me
18. Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Mindcrawler
19. Windhand - Boleskine
20. Ylvis - What does the Fox Say?